"I cannot live without books." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, March 8, 2010

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang


She's baaaaaack. Chelsea Handler, the queen of late night comedy, is back with her third, and maybe her best, book. Chelsea's matured from her amazingly successful book, Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. She's no longer sleeping with large quantities of men, instead she is sleeping with just one man, and maybe a dog every once in a while.

This is Chelsea at her most adult. But don't be scared, she still has a penchant for Vodka and practical jokes. It's just that now she has a live in silver fox and a need to keep her riotously funny father from being sued by the unsuspecting tenants at his Martha's Vinyard house (just to give it away the house isn't as clean and nice as one might hope).

Through her acerbic wit and never ending string of outrageous stories Chelsea once again had me laughing out loud and staying up way past my bed time with a nice glass of Belvedere, completely unable to pry myself away from the almost unbelieveable stories of her now vertical life.

Happy Reading,
Julia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy you liked this book! I love Chelsea and I can't wait to read it. How funny is she!? Did you see she is in the running to be named "comedy's all-time great" on MSG.com? I just voted for her! Here is the link: http://msg.com/photos/comedys-all-time-greats/slide/1/