"I cannot live without books." -- Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh My God, I'm In Love...

I don't often get this excited about books (ok, that's a lie, I get excited about books all the time), but this may be the most beautiful thing since that Swiss company published a full color reproduction of the book of Kells that cost more than $10,000.










It comes in two volumes: the first is the reproduction, 277 parchment folios recreated in beautiful color, which you could otherwise only see if you went to the French national library, and even then, they probably wouldn't show it to you.










The second volume is a scholarly description of the chronicle, as well as some beautiful enlargements of some of the illustrations.









Even if you don't know someone who would love it, buy it for me, and I'll be your best friend.

(Click here to purchase Mamerot, Les Passages d'Outremer: A Chronicle of the Crusades)

No comments: