"I cannot live without books." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, November 2, 2009

Book of the Day

Ad Hoc at Home
by Thomas Keller

I admit it. I've had a crush on Thomas Keller since he was a struggling chef in Los Angeles 20 years ago. I've never really been a good enough home
chef to dazzle my dinner guests with his three previous culinary standouts
-- "French Laundry", "Bouchon" or "Under Pressure" So I've been waitingin our cookbook corner since I started at Book Soup in June for "Ad Hoc
At Home" to arrive and, sigh, I wasn't disappointed. I've fallen in love with Keller all over again. This book is for the home cook who wants a little challenge in the kitchen with a big result.

The Menu:

Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Asparagus and Tomato Bacon Stew
Blueberry Cobbler

My Mother and 5-year old niece had a tug-of-war over the last chicken leg and the cobbler was great for breakfast.

-Amy

"This collection is what legions of Keller fans have been waiting for, a book that allows them to replicate the merest glimmer of his culinary genius in their own homes," raves Publishers Weekly.

(Click here to purchase a copy of Ad Hoc at Home)

Amy made Kellor's chocolate chip cookies for us and we were blown away. Us being blown away:



ps - This is the best looking cook book I've ever seen. It's an art object as much as a cook book.

1 comment: