"I cannot live without books." -- Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Book of the Day

Norman Rockwell: Behind the Camera
by Ron Schick, John Rockwell

At 28 I'm not affected by any nostalgia for America and I've never felt any particular affinity for Norman Rockwell's iconic paintings, that said - I'm totally bat shit for this book.
It offers an unprecedented look at a great artists process. It both elevates the works and humanizes the man behind them.
Rockwell was obsessed with the human face, and driven to capture the complexities of the American story. To often marginalized as kitsch, this work exposes a depth to Rockwell's incredible talent and a complexity to the stories he told.
I hope this book helps bring an appreciation of his work to a new generation. It already has for me. - Charles






No comments: