"I cannot live without books." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 4, 2010

Hipster Lit Abounds!

So my New Year's Resolution is a lofty one this year. I'm co-opting the word hipster to mean something positive. Do I think it's ridiculous to wear gold spandex and sport a mullet? Yes. But there are some good things about hipsters too, and my favorite is that those pastiches of americana read like crazy.

At first, I was somewhat shocked/appalled at myself for having read or planning to read pretty much every single book on this list (click on the title for the link). Then I came to terms with it. These are a handful of absolutely awesome books that may be looked over by some (read most). Check it out and then come buy them here at Book Soup!

Happy New Year and Happy Reading,
Julia

No comments: