"I cannot live without books." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 25, 2010

Sam Shepard's Day Out of Days

A new collection of short stories by admired playwright and actor Sam Shepard.

My introduction to Sam Shepard was first through The Right Stuff and then Herbert Ross' film Steel Magnolias (director of Footloose), which the women in my family played on what seemed to be some Groundhog Day-esque loop in my childhood. It was only in college while taking a theater class did I discover Shepard was a respected playwright as well.

Day Out of Days is comprised of dozens and dozens of micro stories ranging from a half a page to ten, and everywhere in between. There's even a few narrative poems found in the 281 pages. All deal essentially with the American West.

So, think the West as seen through a Beckettian lens.


2 comments:

generic propecia said...

Hello people want to express my satisfaction with this blog very creative and I really like the views of the focus very good indeed Thank you for the helpful information. I hope you keep up the good work on making your blog a success!

zithromax urinary reproductive diag treatment said...

I liked this blog, i think is very interesting, most of all for the new ideas that this blog talk.